HOW TO INCORPORATE A NEW LIMITED LIABILITY PARTNERSHIP
A Limited Liability Partnership may be incorporated as per the procedure explained below:
RESERVATION OF NAE
- INC-1 for reservation of name and fill in the details. Select Name of the proposed LLP (upto 6 choices can be indicated). Any partner or designated partner in the proposed LLP may submit INC-1.
- Free name search facility (of existing companies / LLPs) is available on MCA portal (hyper link available on LLP portal).The system will Provide the list of similar/closely resembling names of existing Companies/LLPs based on the search criteria filled up.
- Details of minimum two designated partners of the proposed LLP, one of them must be a resident of India, is required to be filled in the Application for reservation of name. Only individuals or nominees on behalf of the bodies corporate as partners can act as designated Partners.
- Once the name is reserved by the Registrar, log on to the portal and fill up Form-2 “Incorporation Document and Statement”.
- Pay the prescribed registration fee as per the slab given in Annexure A of the LLP Rules, 2009, based on the total monetary value of contribution of partners in the proposed LLP.
- Statement in the e-form is to be digitally signed by a person named in the incorporation document as a designated partner having permanent DPIN and also to be digitally signed by an advocate/company secretary/chartered accountant/cost accountant in practice and engaged in the formation of LLP.
- On submission of complete documents the Registrar after satisfying himself about compliance with relevant provisions of the LLP Act will register the LLP, maximum within 14 days of filing of Form-2 and will issue a certificate of incorporation in Form-16.
- You can check status of your application by logging on to the portal for more details see Instruction Kit provided on the home page under “Instruction Kit” tab. Filing of LLP agreement (Form-3) and Partners’ details (Form-4)
- Form 3 (Information with regard to LLP agreement and changes, if any made therein) and Form-4 (Notice of Appointment of Partner/ Designate Partner, his consent etc.) may be filed with the prescribed fee simultaneously at the time of filing Form-2 or within 30 days of the date of incorporation or within 30 days of such subsequent changes.